- Governmental Boards
- Town Hall
- City Court
- Employment Information
- Government Officials
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Public Records
- Report Fraud
- Annual Audit
- Town Directory
- Emergency Information
- Surplus Property and Vehicles
- Contact Us
TALBOT STREET CLOSURE - November 26, 2018
UPDATE: ALL RESIDENTS ON TALBOT STREET Construction has begun on Talbot Street to replace the ... [more...]
PROPERTY TAX NOTICES - November 26, 2018
TOWN OF JONESBORO RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES RE: Property Tax Notices The mailing of 2018 tax n... [more...]
LOW WATER PRESSURE - November 13, 2018
LOW WATER PRESSURE - TOWN OF JONESBORO The water well problem that created low pressure for many... [more...]
BROKEN WATER LINE REPAIRED - October 16, 2018
The broken water line in front of Jonesboro-Hodge Elementary School at 2105 South Polk Avenue has... [more...]
BROKEN WATER LINE ON SOUTH POLK AVENUE - October 16, 2018
A water line has broken in front of Jonesboro-Hodge Elementary School at 2105 South Polk Avenue.P... [more...]
09/24/2018 POWER RESTORED - September 24, 2018
10:22am - Entergy Electric Co has restored power to residents and/or businesses affected by the o... [more...]
Yard Sale Permits
Application, Application Process, and Permit
In order to apply for a permit, please visit the Permits office at Town Hall. The application is available below. You may download the application below and bring the completed application to Town Hall to request a permit, or you may fill out the application at Town Hall.
Applications are immediately approved unless the applicant has met their yearly sale limit, has a history of violating regulations, or gives administrators reason to doubt their compliance with the regulations if issued. In the event that an application needs further review, the applicant will be notified of the permit decision within five (5) business days.
Permits will be issued to the applicant on the same day, in-office unless their application requires further review.
Yard Sale Regulations
- A permit is required.
- Permits must be obtained at least two (2) days prior to the sale.
- Permits are at no cost to applicants.
- Permits must contain the applicant's name, the location of the sale, the dates valid, and be signed by a Town official.
- Permits MUST be visible and in a conspicuous place near where monetary transactions are taking place.
- Dates of Sale:
- The yard sale may only occur during the dates listed on the permit.
- No yard sale may occur more than two (2) consecutive days.
- Hours of Operation - Yard sale may only occur between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- Location - Each location is limited to three (3) yard sales per year.
- Item Limitations - All items of the sale must be of the owner and/or tenant. No new, unused items are allowed to be sold.
- Each yard sale is limited to one (1) sign if the owner chooses to have one.
- The sign must not exceed twenty-five (25) inches in width and twenty (20) inches in height.
- The sign must be placed in the ground with a stake.
- The sign from the ground to the top of the sign and/or stake may not exceed three and a half (3.5) feet.
- Signs must not be posted before 6:00 am on the day of the sale and must be removed by 8:00 pm on the day of each sale.
- Failure to remove signage shall be punished with a fine of $50.00.
Cancellation or Postponement due to Weather
In the event a yard sale cannot occur due to weather, the applicant has the right to reschedule without penalty to yearly limits.
Failure to comply with these regulations and/or a violation of these regulations will result in a fine of $200 per day of violations.