- Governmental Boards
- Town Hall
- City Court
- Employment Information
- Government Officials
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Public Records
- Report Fraud
- Annual Audit
- Town Directory
- Emergency Information
- Surplus Property and Vehicles
- Contact Us
TALBOT STREET CLOSURE - November 26, 2018
UPDATE: ALL RESIDENTS ON TALBOT STREET Construction has begun on Talbot Street to replace the ... [more...]
PROPERTY TAX NOTICES - November 26, 2018
TOWN OF JONESBORO RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES RE: Property Tax Notices The mailing of 2018 tax n... [more...]
Jimmie Davis State Park
Located on a peninsula on Caney Lake, Jimmie Davis State Park offers two boat launches and a fishing pier that cater to the outdoors enthusiast looking for a prime freshwater fishing spot. Waterskiing is another way to enjoy the clear waters of the lake, which was created by damming Caney Creek in 1986. Don't forget to look back at the lakeshore to appreciate the beautiful mixed pine and hardwood forest surrounding the lake and the birds and animals that make the forest their home.
To ensure that there's never a dull moment, the park also has a playground for the kids after a day on the lake. Cyclists will enjoy the park as a starting point for biking treks through the hills of North Louisiana, and nature lovers are invited to discover the beauty of the wooded land and lakefront. Bring your binoculars to get a closer look at the wide variety of birds that live in or pass through the area.
After a day of fishing and exploring the park, stay the night in a cabin...or bring the extended family and sleep over in a lodge. For large groups, a group camp -- including two dormitories and a dining hall -- is available, with its own playground and fishing pier. RV campers have several scenic sites to choose from, for a closer visit with nature.
Opened in the fall of 1996, Jimmie Davis State Park was originally named Caney Creek Lake State Park. The 2003 Louisiana State Legislature approved renaming the park in honor of two-term Governor Jimmie H. Davis, who served from 1944 to 1948 and again from 1960 to 1964.