- Governmental Boards
- Town Hall
- City Court
- Employment Information
- Government Officials
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Public Records
- Report Fraud
- Annual Audit
- Town Directory
- Emergency Information
- Surplus Property and Vehicles
- Contact Us
Election May 4, 2019 - April 17, 2019
Please vote on the Town of Jonesboro Proposition (Sales Tax Continuation), Saturday May 4th,... [more...]
TALBOT STREET CLOSURE - November 26, 2018
UPDATE: ALL RESIDENTS ON TALBOT STREET Construction has begun on Talbot Street to replace the ... [more...]
PROPERTY TAX NOTICES - November 26, 2018
TOWN OF JONESBORO RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES RE: Property Tax Notices The mailing of 2018 tax n... [more...]
Date: November 13, 2017
The Town of Jonesboro is recruiting applicants for the following position:
TITLE: Public Works Director
REPORTS TO: Mayor
Include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising, managing, and administering the Public Works Department, including all Public Works employees and the Public Works annual budget;
- Responsible for the construction, operation, and maintenance of streets, drainage, parks, buildings, water and water waste infrastructure, and other infrastructure and engineering;
- Oversight of environmental quality and compliance;
- Management and oversight of Public Works vehicle and equipment fleet;
- Must be available and on-call twenty-four (24) hours per day in case of emergency;
- Must have and maintain Louisiana DHH Operator Certification in Water Treatment and Water Waste Treatment, Level 3, and meet Continuing Education requirements.
Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is a minimum requirement; a relevant associate’s or bachelor’s degree is desirable and preferable, but not required.
Experience: Three (3) years’ experience in a Public Works Department, maintenance experience, and/or other relevant work experience is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with administrative and managerial experience in addition to maintenance experience.
Skills: Ability to read and write and sufficient writing skills; ability to manage and oversee approximately fifty (50) employees; ability to comply with municipal and state requirements for reporting and environmental quality promptly; ability to communicate effectively with Mayor, supervisors, and employees.
Licenses and Certification: Valid Louisiana Driver’s License; Valid Louisiana CDL; Louisiana DHH Operator Certification in Water Treatment, Level 3; Louisiana DHH Operator Certification in Waste Water Treatment, Level 3
CLOSING DATE: This position is open until filled.
BENEFITS: Vacation Leave; Sick Leave; Holiday Pay; Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance; Retirement.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, with a cover letter or letter of interest, and employment application to: in-person at Town Hall; by mail: Mayor James Bradford, Town of Jonesboro, 128 Allen Avenue, Jonesboro, LA 71251; or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information, including employment applications, can be obtained at Town Hall or by visiting Careers.JonesboroLA.org
PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL AND DRUG TESTING IS REQUIRED.
THE TOWN OF JONESBORO IS AN “AT-WILL” EMPLOYER
THE TOWN OF JONESBORO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER