- Governmental Boards
- Town Hall
- City Court
- Employment Information
- Government Officials
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Public Records
- Report Fraud
- Annual Audit
- Town Directory
- Emergency Information
- Surplus Property and Vehicles
- Contact Us
TALBOT STREET CLOSURE - November 26, 2018
UPDATE: ALL RESIDENTS ON TALBOT STREET Construction has begun on Talbot Street to replace the ... [more...]
PROPERTY TAX NOTICES - November 26, 2018
TOWN OF JONESBORO RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES RE: Property Tax Notices The mailing of 2018 tax n... [more...]
THERE IS NO EXPECTED EMERGENCY AT THIS TIME.
If you are experiencing a threat to life, call 9-1-1 immediately.
This page was last updated on: 08/31/2017 at 3:26:32 PM.
EMERGENCY INFORMATION AND PREPAREDNESS
Weather Watches, Warnings, and Advisories
For the latest watches, warnings, and advisories issued by the National Weather Service for Jackson Parish, visit: Current Watches, Warnings, and Advisories for Jackson Parish.
Road Closure Information
Local Road Closure Information
TO: All residents on Talbot Street
Starting Monday, November 12th, Talbot Street will be closed until further notice. This action is due to construction to replace the Talbot Street bridge. Please use precaution and make the necessary adjustments.
We thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jonesboro Town Hall at 318-259-2385 or at jonesborola.org.
James E. Bradford, Mayor
Town of Jonesboro
State and Parish Road Closure Information
For up-to-date state and parish road closure information, please visit: 511LA.org.
Drinking Water Information
There are no reported leaks, outages, breaks or other problems at this time.
Sandbag Pickup Location and Information
Sandbags will be made available if a weather event necessitates such.
CodeRED Emergency Notifications
In the event that urgent and important information needs to be delivered to the public immediately, we will contact the public by phone call, text message, email, and social media.
To sign up for our CodeRED Emergency Notifications, please visit: CodeRED.JonesboroLA.org.
Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (OHSEP)
For important information from the Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, visit: Emergency.LA.gov.
Be Prepared with an Emergency Supply Kit
- Water (enough for one (1) gallon per person per day) for drinking and sanitation;
- Food (at least a three day supply of non-perishable food);
- Radio (battery powered/hand crank);
- Flashlight (with extra batteries);
- First Aid Kit;
- Whistle (to signal for help);
- Dust mask (to help filter potentially contaminated air);
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and twist ties (for personal sanitation);
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities (to prevent leaks and for safety);
- Manual can opener (for food);
- Local map (available at Town Hall).
For more preparation information, please visit: Ready.gov/Make-A-Plan.
- DO NOT walk through flowing water, as drowning is the number one cause of flood deaths. Six inches of moving water is strong enough to knock you off your feet.
- DO NOT drive through a flooded area. Much water is not needed to carry a car away.
- DO NOT drive around road barriers. These barriers are put in place for the public's safety.
- Stay away from power lines and electrical wires.
For more preparedness and safety tips, visit: GetAGamePlan.org.