- Governmental Boards
- Town Hall
- City Court
- Employment Information
- Government Officials
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Public Records
- Report Fraud
- Annual Audit
- Town Directory
- Emergency Information
- Contact Us
Report a Nuisance
It is the objective of the Town of Jonesboro to encourage a clean environment for our community. In an effort to meet this objective, we've created an online form available to report nuisances.
In accordance with the Town of Jonesboro Municipal Code, Chapter 12, §12-3, nuisances are defined as:
- Accumulation of garbage, rubbish, trash, refuse, junk, “Junk, Wrecked or Used automobiles or Motor Vehicles”, and other abandoned materials metals, lumber, or other things.
- Any condition which provides harborage for rats, mice, snakes, and/or other vermin.
- Any building or other structure which is in such a dilapidated condition that it is unfit for human habitation, or kept in such an unsanitary condition that it is a menace to the health of people residing in the vicinity thereof, or presents a fire hazard.
- All unnecessary or unauthorized noises and annoying vibrations, including animal noises, as well as the conditions, machinery, or other causes which give rise to such unauthorized noises and annoying vibrations.
- All disagreeable or obnoxious odors and stenches, as well as the conditions, substances or other causes which give rise to the emission or generation of such odors and stenches.
- The carcasses of animals or fowl not disposed of within a reasonable time after death.
- The pollution of any public well or cistern, ditch, canal, stream, lake, or other body of water, except for legally maintained oxidation ponds, by sewerage, dead animals, creamery or industrial wastes, trash garbage, refuse, junk, litter, rubbish, chemical or biological wastes, or other illegal substances.
- Any building, structure or other place or location where any activity which is in violation of local, state or federal law is conducted, performed or maintained.
- Any accumulation of stagnant water permitted or maintained on any lot or piece of ground.
- Dense smoke, noxious fumes, gas, soot or cinders, in unreasonable quantities.
§12-37: "It is unlawful for any person, corporation, or agency to allow the growth or accumulation of noxious weeds or grass or other deleterious, unhealthful, or noxious growths on any lot, place, area, or on any unused portion of any lot or area or on any banquette or sidewalk."