- Governmental Boards
- Town Hall
- City Court
- Employment Information
- Government Officials
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Public Records
- Report Fraud
- Annual Audit
- Town Directory
- Emergency Information
- Surplus Property and Vehicles
- Contact Us
Date: November 13, 2017
The Town of Jonesboro is recruiting applicants for the following position:
TITLE: Public Works Director
REPORTS TO: Mayor
Include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising, managing, and administering the Public Works Department, including all Public Works employees and the Public Works annual budget;
- Responsible for the construction, operation, and maintenance of streets, drainage, parks, buildings, water and water waste infrastructure, and other infrastructure and engineering;
- Oversight of environmental quality and compliance;
- Management and oversight of Public Works vehicle and equipment fleet;
- Must be available and on-call twenty-four (24) hours per day in case of emergency;
- Must have and maintain Louisiana DHH Operator Certification in Water Treatment and Water Waste Treatment, Level 3, and meet Continuing Education requirements.
Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is a minimum requirement; a relevant associate’s or bachelor’s degree is desirable and preferable, but not required.
Experience: Three (3) years’ experience in a Public Works Department, maintenance experience, and/or other relevant work experience is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with administrative and managerial experience in addition to maintenance experience.
Skills: Ability to read and write and sufficient writing skills; ability to manage and oversee approximately fifty (50) employees; ability to comply with municipal and state requirements for reporting and environmental quality promptly; ability to communicate effectively with Mayor, supervisors, and employees.
Licenses and Certification: Valid Louisiana Driver’s License; Valid Louisiana CDL; Louisiana DHH Operator Certification in Water Treatment, Level 3; Louisiana DHH Operator Certification in Waste Water Treatment, Level 3
CLOSING DATE: This position is open until filled.
BENEFITS: Vacation Leave; Sick Leave; Holiday Pay; Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance; Retirement.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, with a cover letter or letter of interest, and employment application to: in-person at Town Hall; by mail: Mayor James Bradford, Town of Jonesboro, 128 Allen Avenue, Jonesboro, LA 71251; or by email to: email@example.com.
Additional information, including employment applications, can be obtained at Town Hall or by visiting Careers.JonesboroLA.org
PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL AND DRUG TESTING IS REQUIRED.
THE TOWN OF JONESBORO IS AN “AT-WILL” EMPLOYER
THE TOWN OF JONESBORO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Town of Jonesboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Town provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Town of Jonesboro Employment Application ( PDF / 257 KB )
Town of Jonesboro Personnel Policies and Procedures ( PDF / 655 KB )
Public Works Director - Position Announcement ( PDF / 82 KB )